The jury of the competition, which is being operated by Strelka KB, has shortlisted the top 20 layout designs for standard housing in Russia.
The aim of the Open International Competition for Alternative Layout Design in Standard Housing is to create comfortable living environments for Russian citizens. The contestants were challenged to design layouts for five apartments of a medium size and five apartments of a large size. The designed spaces range from 20 m² studios to apartments around 100m² in size.
The competition was organized by the Russian Ministry of Construction, DOM.RF housing development institution, and Strelka KB.
All 20 shortlisted participants have received a 1 million ruble prize (about $14,320) and comments from the jury on how to improve their projects.
Below is the list of finalists:
1. Sidereal studio (Spain)
2. OLGA BOMBAČ, Architect / OBA (Slovenia)
3. Grupo H d.o.o. (Slovenia)
4. Pedro Pitarch (Spain)
5. ARCHNOGA (Russia)
6. GINNETTE GOTTI / DOS G ARQUITECTOS, S.A. (Panama)
7. AKVS architecture (Russia)
8. Raul Gutierrez Salgado (Spain)
9. Architect Yevgeniy Leonov (in cooperation with UNITED RIGA ARCHITECTS) (Russia)
10. Sergeyev Mikhail Aleksandrovich (Russia)
11. COPRAT (Italy)
12. STVX (Mexico)
13. Urban Possible (Australia)
14. animali domestici (Thailand)
15. AHMADULLIN-ARCHITECTS (Russia)
16. DESIGN COOPERATIVE (India)
17. Israel Nagore Setien/ Fernando Rubio Ezquieta (United Kingdom)
18. atArchitecture (Avneesh & Neha) (India)
19. The Center for Spatial Technologies + Leverage Strategy (Germany)
20. Ziya Imren Architects + Onur Yuncu Architects + Tolga Iltir Architects (Iran).
The final design concepts will be submitted in November 2018, with the winners announced after that. Up to five winning projects will receive 2 million rubles (about $28,620); up to five will receive 1.5 million rubles (about $21,465); and up to 10 will receive 1 million rubles.
More details will soon be published on the competition’s website.